- Active Shooter
- Active Shooter Lockdown Checklist: https://www.emergency.ucla.edu/copy_of_how-to-lockdown.
- The Los Angeles County Sherriff’s Department has produced an informational video, “Surviving an Active Shooter” which can be viewed at http://www.activeshooter.lasd.org/. The City of Houston has also produced a training video on the same topic titled “Run. Hide. Fight. ® Surviving an Active Shooter Event.” See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0. I encourage you to watch either or both videos.
- In order to receive BruinAlerts by text messaging, you must sign up at https://bruinalert.iamucla.ucla.edu/. UCLA faculty and staff with a valid email address in the campus directory are automatically enrolled in the BruinAlert email notification system. (Faculty who have a specific mobile device policy that prohibits the use of mobile phones during class may consider adjusting the policy to allow for emergency communications.)
Safety Training Courses
UCLA Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) offers safety related classes ranging from fire and lab safety to hazardous chemical waste management and emergency procedures.
Below are two essential training classes. For more information, browse through UCLA EH&S safety class schedule to find the training classes most suitable for your need.
- Fire Safety Hands-On Training Schedule
- HeartSaver First Aid Training with CPR and AED (Center for Prehospital Care)
Pest and Vermin Control Information
Use the provided information to proactively address pest and vermin issues.
- UCLA Integrated Pest Management Program
- Ant Management
- Cockroach Management
- Rodent Management
- Wasp and Bee Management
The information below can be used to supplement training materials, as safety meeting hand-outs, and as resources. Subjects include space and staff safety.