Note: Students applying to the Combined MSW/PhD program should use this checklist too.
Supporting documents are uploaded on the UCLA Graduate Online Application. Deadline to apply is January 10th.
Send official transcripts to:
UCLA School of Public Affairs
Department of Social Welfare Admissions
3250 Public Policy Building, Box 951656
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1656
1) Complete the UCLA Graduate Online Application http://www.gdnet.ucla.edu/gasaa/admissions/applicat.htm 
2) Combined MSW/PHD Applicants ONLY. Complete the Social Welfare section on the UCLA Graduate Online Application
3) ONE official copy of transcripts from each college or university attended in the United States or abroad. Unofficial transcripts are uploaded on the UCLA Graduate Online Application and offical copies are mailed to the address above.
3) GPA Worksheet  
Complete the attached Worksheet for Calculating Jr/Sr and Graduate GPA (Grade Point Average) (SAMPLE)  use separate worksheets for each.
4) Official copy of scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) earned within the last five years.
5) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores, if the applicant is a student whose native language is not English. (The TOEFL or IELTS) is required of all non-native speakers unless they have completed two years of university-level coursework in an English-language institution.)
6) Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the student’s academic and scholarly work. At least one of the references must be from a professor who has taught the student. Letters of recommendation can be sent directly to the department. Enter your recommenders name and email address on the UCLA Online Application. Upload instructions will be sent to them by the online system.
7) A two- or three-page typewritten personal statement describing:
a) your reasons for pursuing doctoral education at UCLA at this time;
b) specific academic and work experiences that have prepared you for doctoral education;
c) your educational objectives while in the doctoral program;
d) your future professional objectives.
8) Curriculum vitae
9) Evidence of ability to think creatively and to write clearly.
Published articles, a master’s thesis, unpublished papers, or term papers may be submitted as evidence.
10) Department Financial Aid Form (Optional). Complete this financial aid form  only if you wish to apply for financial aid. Information is furnished voluntarily by the applicant. This form is NOT the "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA), which you may also wish to complete. Contact the University Financial Aid Office .
Note: Although a personal interview is not normally required as part of the application procedure, it may be arranged at the request of the doctoral committee. Applicants will be notified in writing as soon as possible regarding decisions on admission. The department should be notified immediately of any change of plans or address after the application is submitted.