The Luskin School of Public Affairs is pleased to announce the establishment of a new fellowship – The Ronald Reagan Public Policy Fellowship at UCLA. The School is honored to be the first graduate school to partner with the Reagan Foundation in offering this prestigious Fellowship. Through the generous support of The Draine Family Charitable Foundation, The Reagan Presidential Foundation is offering a two year fellowship ($30,000 per year) to an incoming Luskin School student (students from all three departments are eligible). This is a wonderful opportunity for a qualified and interested student. The deadline to apply is May 16, 2014.
A description of the fellowship is attached below. The application is available at the Reagan Foundation’s website.
Ronald Reagan Public Policy Fellowship
Description: The Ronald Reagan Public Policy Fellowship supports graduate students at the University of California, Los Angeles’ Luskin School of Public Affairs in studying Ronald Reagan and the effects of his economic, social, and international policies on the State of California, the Federal Government, and the world. The Fellowship allows its recipients, as interns, to gain access to the archives at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, and with agreement by the Foundation’s Executive Director, to publish their findings as a resource to scholars, teachers, and students on the Foundation website.
Award: Up to $30,000 grant per year, two-year maximum.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
· Be citizens of the United States of America.
· Be accepted to and plan to enroll full time in the University of California, Los Angeles’ Luskin School of Public Affairs in Fall 2014 as a first-year graduate student.
· Demonstrate interest in public policy, with a keen interest in the policies and impact of the Reagan Administration.
· Demonstrate at school, the workplace, and/or within the community the attributes of leadership, integrity, drive, and citizenship.
· Demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.5 GPA/4.0 scale or equivalent).
· Demonstrate financial need.
Application: Qualified candidates may access the attached application. In addition to the completed application form, candidates must submit:
· Two required essays
· Nomination letter from an authority figure with knowledge of his/her leadership and/or interest in public policy
· Most recent college transcript
· Provisional Award Letter from the UCLA Financial Aid Office
Candidates may either email a pdf packet of application materials to Erin Korsvall at email@example.com or mail all application materials in a single package to:
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation
Ronald Reagan Public Policy Fellowship, Att. Anthony Pennay
40 Presidential Drive
Simi Valley, California 93065
Deadline: Candidates for the 2014 Ronald Reagan Public Policy Fellowship must submit their full application materials by postmark deadline May 16, 2014.
Selection and Notification: A selection committee will identify a minimum of three finalists to be interviewed. One Fellow will be selected. Non-recipients will be notified via email by Aug. 1.
Recipient Expectations: To continue to be funded, Fellows must:
· Continue to be enrolled in the University of California, Los Angeles’ Luskin School of Public Affairs in good academic standing, as certified by the University.
· Complete a minimum of 100 internship hours at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in conjunction with the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center’s internship program over two years. It is the Fellow’s responsibility to coordinate credit for the internship with UCLA.
· Complete an end-of-internship project, to be determined by the student and representatives of the Foundation.
Failure to meet these requirements may result in award forfeiture.
Contact: Erin Korsvall, Program Officer, The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org