For the first time, five alumni of UCLA Luskin are included in the new group of Senior Fellows — two each from Public Policy and Social Welfare, plus a graduate of Urban Planning. In the Senior Fellows Leadership Program, professionals in careers associated with fields related to the School’s academic programs volunteer to mentor graduate students. Senior Fellows also provide UCLA Luskin students with career guidance and arrange an on-site visit at their organization.
The five alumni additions:
- Michael Alvidrez MA UP ’83 is external ambassador and CEO emeritus of Skid Row Housing Trust
- Seth Jacobson MPP ’03 is senior director of energy and water programs for Climate Resolve
- Cheryl Mathieu SW Ph.D. ’05 is founder and CEO of AgingPro
- Paco Retana MSW ’90 is vice president of programs at Los Angeles Child Guidance Clinic
- Emily Williams MPP ’98 is senior deputy for human services and child welfare for Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas