PPDE’s 1st Annual Equitable Policy Symposium
On Thursday, May 11, 2017 Policy Professionals for Diversity and Equity (PPDE) will host its inaugural Equitable Policy Symposium.
The symposium will educate UCLA Luskin students on how the Trump Administration has changed the policy landscape in Los Angeles and equip Luskin students with the tools and understanding to act and deliver equitable policy change. Join PPDE to hear from esteemed policymakers and experts and converse with your fellow graduate students as we reinforce our commitment to equitable policymaking. Food and drinks will be provided for registered guests!
Panel: 3:30PM, UCLA Public Affairs Building, Room 2355
Reception: 5:00PM, UCLA Luskin Lounge and Terrace
- Fred Ali, President and CEO, Weingart Foundation
- Jordan Cunnings, Equal Justice Works Fellow, Public Counsel’s Immigrants Rights Project
- Funmilola Fagbamila, Activist-in-Residence, Institute on Inequality and Democracy at UCLA Luskin and Arts and Culture Director, Black Lives Matter Los Angeles
- Lorrie L. Jean, CEO, Los Angeles LGBT Center
- Torie Osborn, Principal Deputy for Policy and Strategy to Supervisor Kuehl
- Romel Pascual, Executive Director, CicLAvia
- Moderated by: Sonja Diaz, Founding Director, Latino Policy & Politics Initiative at UCLA