Congratulations on your acceptance to the Sciences Po Exchange Program!

Below you will find an abundance of information to help you prepare for your studies at Sciences Po. If at any time you have questions or concerns please contact, Ervin Huang ( or 310-825-5581).

UCLA students at Sciences Po can contact The International Affairs Manager for assistance with exchange students administrative issues including visa, housing, health insurance, etc. The Pedagogical Director will assist exchange students with academic issues including course selection, course enrollment, absenteeism, etc.

Cyriel Pelletier
Academic Advisor
Governing Ecological Transitions in European Cities (GETEC)
Governing Large Metropolis (GLM)
+33 (0)1 45 49 51 44

Antoine Tisserant
Administrative Manager
Governing Large Metropolis (GLM)
Governing Ecological Transitions in European Cities (GETEC)
+33 (0)1 58 71 71 59

Sciences Po Exchange at UCLA Urban Planning Facebook page. Don’t forget to join!

You will receive an email from the Sciences Po program which will provide you access to their exchange student application portal. You have until May 2nd to complete the application. The Sciences Po application will request the same materials you submitted to the department when you applied for this program, plus:

  • A photo of yourself for your student ID (you may use your phone to take the picture)
  • Your preferred language of study

You will receive an email from Sciences Po confirming your admission. Log into your Sciences Po student space (the Sciences Po equivalent to MyUCLA) to download the PDF admission letter. Once you have the letter START YOUR VISA PROCESS IMMEDIATELY!!!! It can take 2-3 months to receive your visa so you must start this process early. The PDF letter will be enough to get through the online steps via By the time you need to visit the consulate in person your hardcopy admission letter should be available (it will be mailed to the UCLA Graduate Advisor as of May 22nd). Generally the PDF letter will suffice to secure your student visa but it is recommended that you pick up the hard copy letter before your consulate appointment.

Through the Sciences Po student space you will be able to:

  • Pay for Sciences Po Health Insurance (required, approximately 217 euros)
  • activate your Sciences Po email address
  • See your enrollment dates and enroll
    • Students will be taking 18 – 20 ECTS credits while at Sciences PO. This is about 3 fundamental courses of 24 hours each and 1 – 2 workshop of 12 hours. These 4 – 5 classes are equivalent to 3 courses at UCLA.
    • Students must take either Government and Governance of the Metropolis or Conflicts and Urban Change in Large Metropolis
    • Students cannot take more than 3 different workshops
  • View the Orientation and Fall Semester Calendar

In addition to enrolling in classes at Sciences Po you must register and enroll at UCLA for the fall Quarter.

  • Pay Fall Quarter tuition/fees through MyUCLA. Exchange students are required to maintain their UCLA health insurance in addition to the required Sciences Po insurance. See the Health Insurance section below for more details.
  • Enroll in the Urban Planning Exchange Program Courses (one, 4 units section for each class you will be taking at Sciences Po)

Airfare, housing, and personal expenses are your responsibility so please plan ahead.

The Sciences Po Welcome Program (orientation) will begin in mid-August. Exchange students are required to attend. You will receive additional information about this from the Sciences Po contacts.

Sciences Po classes are in session from early September  – late December.

You will be required to find your own housing but below are some resources. You can also contact Sylvain if you have any questions about where to live.

It is also recommended that UCLA students connect with the incoming Sciences Po students, via the exchange program Facebook page, to ask questions about living in Paris.

As a member of the UCLA community you have access to the UC Travel Insurance and Secruity Program.

  1. Register your trip with UCLA (this is MANDATORY)
  2. Activate your account via the welcome email link
  3. Update your emergency contact information
  4. Book mark this website, You will be able to access your trip details and emergency services through this page.
  5. Download the Worldcue Mobile Traveler 2.0 App
  6. Share these links and all information with your emergency contact so they are aware of your access.

Travel assistance services are available under ACE USA Accident & Health global travel programs. Please review all services available to you. 

Additional Questions? Visit the UCLA Insurance and Risk Management website. If you need assistance while traveling, contact:

UHC Global Assistance
1-410-453-6330 (From outside the U.S.)
1-866-451-7606 (From U.S. and Canada)

Please reference your policy number and UHCG ID number when making a call.

Student Off-Campus Accident – ADD N04223822 – UHCG ID Number 363391