Building a Community of Yes for a More Equitable Los Angeles
Thursday, April 14, 6:00 p.m. Pacific time
Charles E. Young Grand Salon — Kerckhoff Hall on the UCLA campus
We know how to motivate people at the voting booth. Now, how do we keep the electorate engaged to achieve a greater L.A.? Hear from Nithya Raman, urban planner, working mother, immigrant to America, and member of the Los Angeles City Council representing District 4. Her priorities include delivering compassionate and effective services for people experiencing homelessness, building more affordable housing, and moving urgently to meet the city’s climate goals.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Nithya Raman ran for City Council in 2019 and won a historic victory, becoming the first Asian-American woman and the first South Asian ever to serve on the City Council, and the first challenger in 17 years to defeat a sitting City Council member.
Since taking office, Raman has prioritized delivering compassionate and effective services for people experiencing homelessness, building more affordable housing, and moving with greater urgency to meet our city’s climate goals.
This event is part of the Urban Planning at 50 celebration at UCLA Luskin.
UCLA COVID protocols are in alignment with guidance from the California and Los Angeles County public health departments and in some cases surpass state and county requirements.
- Face masks are mandatory at all indoor events. Attendees should also wear masks while waiting in line to enter the venue.
- UCLA students, faculty and staff attending an indoor event must show their Symptom Monitoring Survey clearance certificate for that day to gain entry.
- Non-affiliates — those attendees who are not members of the UCLA community — must show proof of being fully vaccinated or proof of a negative antigen test within 1 day, or PCR test within 2 days.
- Results of both PCR and antigen tests are acceptable as proof.
- Attendees showing proof of a negative test must provide a photo ID and documentation from a test provider or lab (either printed or on a smartphone) that includes the test result, the person’s name, the date of the test and the type of test.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited at indoor events.