UCLA has partnered with FireEye to support its campus units. The FireEye Endpoint Security agent is a new Endpoint, Detection and Response (EDR) solution that is replacing the usage of traditional anti-virus software on campus for all university owned systems that store, process, or transmit university data. UCLA has mandated the installation for all systems. It is not designed for personal use or installation on personal devices. This is for STAFF and FACULTY only!!
To install FireEye, you must UNINSTALL Sophos first. Instructions are below.
For personal devices, many “FREE” options are available and we have listed the UCLA recommended options below.
Luskin IT cannot support any “FREE” options. These are all user-self installed.
If you have any questions:
Luskin IT Support Email: email@example.com
What is FireEye and What Does It Do?
ALL FAQ’s Are Listed Here: FireEye – UCLA Office of the CISO
FireEye Endpoint Security (FES) is a small piece of software, called an ‘agent’, which is installed on servers and workstations to provide protection against common malware as well as advanced attacks. FES combines the best of legacy security products, enhanced with FireEye technology, expertise and intelligence to defend against today’s cyber attacks. Based on a defense in depth model, FES uses a modular architecture with default engines and downloadable modules to protect, detect and respond to security events.
Windows - Uninstall Sophos
Uninstalling Sophos Anti-Virus in Programs and Features
- In Control Panel, click on Programs And Features.
- Sort by Name. Scroll down the installed applications list until you reach the Sophos applications.
- Click and uninstall each individual Sophos component in the following order:
- Sophos Network Threat Protection
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Sophos AutoUpdate
- Sophos Endpoint DefenseNote: If the component is not listed, it may not be installed. Proceed with the next component.
- After all of the Sophos applications are uninstalled, restart your computer to complete the process.
Windows - Install FireEye
Windows Installation File: (UCLA BOX LOGIN REQUIRED)
MAC - Uninstall Sophos
How to Uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus from macOS
- Open Launchpad or Spotlight on your Mac and search for “Remove Sophos Endpoint“.Note: Sophos Anti-Virus cannot be uninstalled by dragging it from the Applications folder to the Trash.
- Double click the uninstaller app. If you are prompted for a password type your macOS administrator password (i.e. the username and password you use to login to your Mac):
- To start the uninstall process click Continue.
- Once the Uninstall Process is complete it will display the screen above, Click Close.
You have successfully Uninstalled Sophos.
MAC - Install FireEye
Installation File Mac OS 11.x and Higher (UCLA BOX LOGIN REQUIRED)
Installation File Mac OS 10.15 and Lower (UCLA BOX LOGIN REQUIRED)